Devils Cascade – The Show

Jesse Glass helps me on this beautiful day trip out to the Devils Cascade.  The sun was shining and with a little head wind we headed up the Little Indian Sioux River.  On the river we saw a couple deer standing in water along the shoreline.

We paddled against a pretty steady head wind on Upper Pauness before taking the short portage into Lower Pauness.  It was a quick paddle across Lower Pauness to the Portage into the Loon River.  At the portage is where you’ll find the Devils Cascase.

The water was rushing through the narrow canyon, spilling over rocks with a high cliff face on the far side of the river.

devils_cascade

Music

Music from http://www.musicalley.com/

Artist: Barry McCabe

Artist: Blaggards

Download: Medium | Large HD

Sponsors

If your interested in sponsoring a future show.

Email us at advertise (at) bwcacast (dot) com

Or go to:  http://www.bwcacast.com/advertising/

Comments

We love to hear from you.   Let us know what you think of the show, and what you like to see on future shows.

Tags: , , , , , ,

About Bill

I grew up in Alaska spending as much time outdoors as possible. Camping, hunting, and flying consumed much of my free time. Upon moving to Minnesota I found the BWCAW to be a place that allowed me to escape to the wilderness. I love being able to share this amazing place with all of you. I hope you enjoy the shows.

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

6 Responses to “Devils Cascade – The Show”

1. Barb August 6, 2008 at 10:49 pm #

Another nice show Bill! Looks like you guys had great weather and the portage trails looked well established.

Was this just a day trip? If so, how long did it take from start to finish and how long was the drive to get to the place you put in at?

2. Pat Kerber September 14, 2008 at 9:05 pm #

Great show, Bill! I love that music, especially the first selection which reminds me of some of the music from Last Of The Mohicans. Keep up the good work!

3. Voyageur North April 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm #

Nice video of one of my favorite trip routes! I was just there last August, but we came in from La Croix and into Heritage via Heritage Creek.

Most times I either see moose or otter.

4. Bill April 30, 2009 at 7:39 pm #

This just a beautiful trip. We’ve enjoyed our trips into there both in the summer and the winter. We haven’t gone into Heritage yet we’ll have to add that to the list for sure. Thanks for commenting. :)

5. Lyle Paulson January 13, 2012 at 6:12 am #

In 2002 I started an 11 day solo at Little Indian Sioux and I enjoyed Devils Cascade area. I’m planning to introduce my 8-year old grandson, Ian to the BWCA this summer and we’re planning to start here.

6. Bill January 13, 2012 at 7:40 am #

Hi Lyle,

Great to hear! I bet your grandson is really excited for the trip. This sure is a really beautiful place to have your first BWCA experience. I hope you both have a great trip. Let us know how everything goes. :)